“Simon's a priest for people who don't have priests.”
— Jim in Australia
I am an ordained interSpiritual minister, sacred musician, youth worker and wooden boat builder. I tell people that I'm a boat building minister; I like to say that because nobody knows what it means and it makes it clear that I'm a minister outside of church and organized religion.
I offer pastoral support and sacred presence where ever I happen to be; whether I'm playing music at an end of life care centre or building a tiny house with a bunch of teenagers.
Simon's freelance ministry/chaplaincy includes:
- Spiritual counselling (click HERE for more info)
- Officiating & crafting ceremonies for rites of passage e.g. weddings, funerals, baby blessings etc.
- Officiating & crafting rituals for more personal rites of passage: e.g divorce ceremonies, transgender rituals (name changes & surgery), land/house blessings & pet euthanasia release ceremonies.
- Playing music for rites of passage.
- Playing music for people who are dying.
- Preaching & facilitating workshops.
Offered on a sliding scale. Please contact me for more information.
Why work with me?
"Simon’s gentle support and guidance has enabled me to explore my spiritual path with curiosity and joy. He has been the perfect companion on my continuing journey, helping me to open my heart and mind as I learn to accept the mystery and let go of the need for answers."
"I met with Simon only once — which might not sound like a resounding endorsement, but in fact it is. He suggested a walk in the woods as so we shared stories, discussed issues, and stood in awe of the beautiful trees. I soon realized this wasn’t “therapy,” it was flow, wisdom, and guidance. A few weeks later, I followed up to say that the relationship I was struggling with had (rather suddenly) transformed. I have never had that happen before and was — and still am — profoundly grateful."
“Quietly go to work on your own self-awareness. If you want to awaken all of humanity, then awaken all of yourself. If you want to eliminate the suffering in the world, then eliminate all that is dark and negative in yourself. Truly, the greatest gift you have to give is that of your own self-transformation.”
— Lao Tzu (translated by Brian Browne Walker)